A professional groomer is expensive, anywhere from $40 for a small dog to more than $100 for specialized clipping. That is strong motivation for a dog owner to learn how to groom their pet. For someone studying for certification or already in the business, a reliable reference that covers all skills and all breeds is essential. With more than 500 step-by-step color photographs and line drawings, Ultimate Dog Grooming is that guide.
This edition contains new material, including:
- Illustrated 16-page section on grooming Designer Dogs such as Cockerpoo, Goldendoodle, Labradoodle, and Yorkie X
- Introduction to Creative Grooming, where groomers use colors on the entire coat or to create spirals, pin striping, and tattoos
- How to improve grooming skills, training for certification, and competing in grooming competitions
- Grooming undocked tails, including on a Poodle
- Updated advice on the Continental Lion Clip for a Poodle.